JUNIOR EHS ENGINEER
Athens (Center), Athens, Greece |
Health & Safety
Having a leadership presence in the automotive sector for over a century, at Saracakis Group of Companies, we are always looking for passionate people to join our team. We are currently seeking to hire a:
JUNIOR EHS ENGINEER
We seek an enthusiastic Health, Safety, and Environment Junior Engineer to join our Facilities Management Team, overviewing our Group premises in Athens and Salonica. The position will report to the HSE Head. Its scope is to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines, assist in managing our Quality processes and procedures, and help foster a strong HSE & Quality internal culture. The Junior HSE Engineer role has a direct contribution to the sustainability footprint of our Company.
The primary responsibilities include:
- Review existing policies and measures and suggest updates according to HSE legislation.
- Inspect premises and employees to identify non-conformity issues (e.g. not using protective equipment) and stop any unsafe/dangerous/unhealthy acts or processes.
- Investigate incidents, determine root causes, and develop corrective actions.
- Assist in developing a culture to anticipate and prevent hazardous health conditions.
- Drive behaviors were preventing illnesses in the workplace by engaging management commitment.
- Handle HSE assessments and deploy corrective measures to minimize hazard risk profile.
- Assist in the execution of environmental management processes such as chemicals, waste management, and pollution prevention.
- Support HSE/Quality External Partners (e.g. Safety Officer, Occupational Doctor, Cleaning Services, Certification Orgs, etc.).
- Support our Quality Management Systems (QMS), (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001) and update with incidents, fixes, and improvements. Propose new QMS systems to increase our competitiveness in the market.
- Set detailed guidelines on what needs to be checked and the quality standards.
- Determine quality metrics for all internal procedures.
- Collaborate with external HSE and quality assurance auditors to ensure legal compliance.
- Propose sustainability risks and appropriate mitigation measures and highlight opportunities to increase the organization’s sustainability footprint.
- Help in developing new electronic platforms/tools for HSE/Quality management purposes.
- Assist in organizing HSE training of employees and executives.
- Prepare reports on HSE/Quality occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management.
- Create and Maintain close contact with local authorities for all HSE-related permissions and approvals.
- Work with internal teams to increase internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Participate in a wide range of ad hoc duties to support the wider Facilities Management team for our premises in Athens and Salonica.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- BSc in Mechanical, Chemical, or Industrial Engineering or a relevant field
- 0-2 years of experience in HSE/Quality topics
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Initiative-taking attitude & problem-solving ability
- Resilience and Stress Management attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong Team spirit aptitude
- Agile Learning behavior and willingness to undertake new tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent use of English & Greek Language
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Military obligations fulfilled
Our company offers:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Yearly bonus on achievement of quantitative & qualitative targets.
- Life & Medical insurance.
- Continuous training and prospects for growth and development in a modern, human-centric, and friendly working environment.
Kindly note that due to the large volume of applications we are receiving, we will only contact candidates whose profiles solely correspond to the job requirements listed above.
All applications are considered strictly confidential