Backend Developer @Volos
Βόλος, Ν. Μαγνησίας, Ελλάδα |
Backend Developer @Volos
Join us on launching our #First_Tech_Hub outside Athens, in February 2024.
Be the first Backend Developer at Volos and take part in shaping the digital tomorrow!
About the company
OTE Group is the largest technology company in Greece and a member of the Deutsche Telekom Group. Through technology and innovation, we work to create a better world for all.
Diversity, inclusion and equality are at the core of our corporate culture.
This is the reason why we create an equal working environment in which our people can excel for their expertise, professional experience, conscientiousness, and responsibility.
Become part of our network and let’s create your future together!
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with Product Owners, DevOps Engineers, SW Engineers and Software Architects as part of an agile team
- Deliver high quality software with demanding non-functional requirements (throughput, availability, response time)
- Explore new technologies and make suggestions for implementation and improvements
- Basic knowledge in Java 17+ and an eagerness to learn more about backend development using Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Introductory experience with Docker and Kubernetes, or a strong willingness to learn containerization and orchestration tools
- Familiarity with the principles of RESTful services and JSON
- An understanding of message brokers, with a focus on Kafka, is beneficial
- Some exposure to Python or a strong interest in developing Python programming skills
- An enthusiasm for learning about Microservices architecture and its implementation
What we offer
At OTE Group, we recognize and reward every effort without discrimination, through a wide range of benefits and programs for our people:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Cafeteria benefits
- Company Mobile & Device Subsidies
- Fixed telephony, Internet & COSMOTE TV Packages
- Modern working environment, working laptop only
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private insurance for employees and their family members
- Family Care: Maternity, childbirth and parental leave to care for children, above the minimum required by law. Provided equally to working mothers & fathers
- Health, safety & wellness programs: Exercise & Wellness Platform “The Coach”
- Wellness and sports activities, dietician appointments, medical check-ups, etc.
- OTE Group psychological service
We foster an empowering culture, encouraging our people to seize every opportunity to learn with the goal to achieve personal development, through:
- Unlimited access to digital learning platforms Percipio & Coursera
- Various f2f custom made learning academies
- Talent & rotation programs
- Virtual new hire pre-boarding & onboarding program
- A buddy to support you in the first months working with us.